Sunday, January 25, 2009

Who's carrying a working Palm Pre phone?

When Plam revealed the Palm Pre phone at CES, many people wondered when will the phone be released?

From a Facebook post, Palm's product manager Matt Crowley actually disclosed that he's carrying a working Palm Pre with him and he's not getting used to use the new phone just yet:

I just used Universal Search yesterday when my 10 year old son asked me how fast a giraffe can go. I typed in "how fast is a giraffe?" in Universal Search and I got the San Diego Zoo's Animal Bytes results. ~34.7MP/H (56 kilometers per hour). I didn't have to go to the browser and find google.com and then do a search. Just press Pre's center button and start typing. To be honest, I'm still getting used to it, since I am so used to going to the browser first to look for stuff on the Internet. I like the new alternative way. I can still go to the browser and go to google.com if I want, but I am liking Universal Search.

Here's the link: Facebook post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home